Motorcycle Insurance in Springdale, AR
Motorcycles offer an exciting and enjoyable way to travel the world’s roadways. However, even the most responsible and experienced riders must be prepared for potential accidents and other incidents involving their bikes. Fortunately, securing adequate motorcycle insurance can provide critical financial protection for motorcyclists and their prized vehicles.
What Motorcycle Insurance Do I Need?
Motorcycle insurance is often highly customizable, and its capabilities and limitations may vary significantly depending on a biker’s needs, preferences and budget. In many ways, this type of coverage may function similarly to standard auto insurance that a person might purchase for their car, such as by including the following components:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may compensate third parties, such as other motorists or pedestrians if you are at fault for their injuries.
- Property damage liability coverage may help pay for financial losses if you are responsible for damaging another party’s property while on your bike.
- Collision coverage may provide financial assistance if your motorcycle is damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may render financial aid for losses and damages arising from noncollision incidents, such as crime, severe weather and fires.
- Medical payments coverage may help you and your passengers recoup health care costs from accidents regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal injury protection coverage may provide similar aid as medical payments coverage while potentially compensating for nonmedical costs and losses, such as reduced income.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may provide financial assistance if another party is at fault for your losses but lacks adequate insurance.
- Custom parts coverage may help you pay to repair or replace various modifications and special bike features, such as custom paint jobs.
- Gear coverage may financially protect your riding gear, including your helmet and gloves.
Legal requirements for motorcycle insurance may vary depending on your location. For example, in Arkansas and Missouri, bikers are required to show proof of liability coverage before being able to register their vehicles.
How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
The cost of adequate motorcycle insurance may also vary based on your unique circumstances. When providing you with a quote for a suitable policy, insurance companies may consider the following criteria:
- Vehicle details
- Driving history (e.g., experience and violations)
- Prior claims
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits and deductibles)
Get the Right Coverage
Since 2013, the dedicated team at Variety Insurance Agency has served bikers, businesses and families throughout northwestern Arkansas and Missouri. We will work with you to assess your coverage needs and procure optimal policies. Contact us today to get started.